Aiming to enable new and younger audiences to experience and engage with the Olympic Movement 365 days a year, the Olympic Channel and Discovery Communications have unveiled a new partnership launched today on the Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 linear channels and the digital Eurosport Player. There will also be an Olympic Channel portal on the broadcaster’s website and cross-branding efforts on social platforms. Content will include:
- Hall of Fame series: reliving the greatest stories from the most memorable Olympic Games – from Rio 2016 to Lillehammer 1994.
Short-form video content on all-screens:
- “On the Line”: A fascinating inside track on some of the most famous Olympic Games moments as told through exclusive archival footage and insightful interviews.
- “Against All Odds”: Inspirational stories of athletes who’ve overcome great personal and professional before achieving success at the highest levels.
- “The Olympics: On The Record”: The most famous Olympic records are presented in entertaining packages, using recreations, animations and a mix of other visual methods.
- Eurosport will present an annual theme week filled with round-the-clock Olympic sports programming and content.
The agreement comes soon after the launch of American broadcaster NBC’s Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, a linear TV network that will provide year-round, 24/7 Olympic programming to viewers across the United States.